Monday 6 July 2009

Lovin' Summer

There hasn't been a whole lot of knitting and spinning going on at Skein Queen hq this week. I've spun some of this delicious merino/silk which I bought from Fyberspates at Ravelry Day. And made a little progress on my Summer Pudding Cloud Nine socks.

And this little beauty arrived in the post courtesy of Rosealare on Ravelry - she kindly put in an order for Japanese stitch dictionaries for several of us and I've been on Fleegle's blog to interpret the mysterious world of Japanese symbols. All I need now is some time for designing.

Maybe if I spent less time:

Reading: I'm re-reading Snow Flower and Secret Fan by Lisa See which is one of my favourite books and is the next novel in the Queen's Reading Room club.

Doing Face-painting at the School Fete (pirate costumes devised by Unity).

Saying goodbye to the kittens:

The lady who was lucky enough to take this little guy home was going to call him Sid. He was really special and such a character and I'm pleased that he's going to a home with another little white kitten called Oscar.
We're keeping Squiggles who is, in fact, a boy after all and therefore can't be called Mabel!

And Benny's gone to live with one of my best friends and our sons are good mates so we'll get to see him again.

Going Strawberry and Raspberry Picking and making jam:

Look at that cheeky face!





Celebrating 4th July at a Fancy Dress BBQ:


Now, I know the resemblance is uncanny between Skein King and Tom Cruise - you can hardly tell them apart!

Michelle and John were hosting the party - doesn't she look gorgeous as Marilyn?

And John's a dead ringer for Elvis!

It was a fantastic night mingling with the likes of Fred and Wilma Flintstone, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Rambo, Pink Ladies, cheerleaders, cowboys and Indians and Wonder Woman.

Don't forget to drop by my shop - there are still some laceweight yarns left and I've dropped the price on some of them - there might be something you like so grab yourself a bargain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't get over the cuteness of those kittens! my cat's called sid - a good cat name. we named her (before we found out is was a 'her') after the picture book 'six dinner sid' about a black cat who eats dinner at six houses on the same street. we thought that's what this cat was doing, but it turned out she was genuinely a stray, so we kept her!

enjoy the jam - there's nothing quite like the taste of homemade jam. yum.