Thursday 14 February 2008

Some heart love


Happy Valentine's Day! I love hearts, and there are many, many of them around the SQ royal residence, so I thought I'd share some with you today - this is just a small sample!



And here's what the Skein Princess made in Art Club:

How cute are these? Some kind of magic inky plastic stuff inside shaped wire.

The SQ royal residence also serves as a veritable gallery for the work of local Reading artist, Tara Kennedy. She has been exhibiting and selling her work successfully for many years as Kennedy Designs and I was delighted to hear she's recently opened a shop on Etsy to broaden her customer base called Taratiara. You can see all her beautiful work which includes beaded pictures, wire work ornaments and tiaras there, but for a sneak preview, here's some from my Tara gallery, although check out her website for much better quality photos and to see her wider range which includes wedding stationery and jewellery.




My So-Called Scarf is finished:I think it's the best thing I've ever knitted - I love it and keep looking at the colours when I wear it! Slightly sadorama.

Shop update this week includes:


Dark Pink Champagne in cashmerino
Pink Champagne in cashmerino

Summer Bunting in Aran silk
Cherry Blue in Aran silk
Caran d'Ache in Wisp cashmere/silk


Finally, look what the lovely Skein King bought me for Valentine's Day - I fear he knows me too well:

1 comment:

justclaire said...

Skein Princess's hearts are LOVELY and your My So Called Scarf looks fab. I must get started on mine. Alas, I'm still working on Haven which I think I'm slightly allergic to as every time I work with it, my eyes start streaming! I think it must be the mohair. I have to keep going with it though, as it's a gift.

Don't you just love the Knitted Icons book? I bought a copy a few weeks ago with some Chrimbo money and hubby has demanded a Knitted Muhammad Ali and a Knitted Ghandi. I think they'll look awesome! I can't wait to see who you knit first.