Thursday 9 October 2008

Scrappy Dappy Doo

I'm loving making this scarf out of scraps of yarn. I'm using Skein Queen, Sunshine Yarns, STR, Manos and changing every two rows. It's a recipe devised by Zona on Ravelry - a basic K1 YF Sl1 and P1 YB Sl1 on alternate rows. Although I've added a few magic stitches of my own (call them errors if you will, but I call them embellishments) to add to the general, overall woven effect.
I also made a start on some more lavender hearts which may be making their way to the South Hill Park show. I'm brimming away with ideas and have another knittery idea for the show - just hope I've got time to make it.


And a Koolhaas hat for a certain person who cannot be named as yet.


As for yarn, the October Sock Club yarn is all dyed up and ready to go out early next week.

And after Maverick had a bit of a brainwave in the Skein Queenery forum, the next update will be devoted to a special Skein Queen Christmas 2008 colourway.

I'm still working away on ways to improve the Skein Queen yarn buying experience, but it will be a couple of weeks until the plans can be revealed...

3 comments:

gilraen said...

ScappyDoo looks fabulous!! :)

And the hearts are so cute!!

I am intrigued by the cryptic message??

Elizabeth said...

Oooo, I like Scrappy Dappy Doo a lot

Unknown said...

I love the hearts..... The problem with all my ideas for South Hill Park is that they are all too big, so will take mway to long to make enough - your hearts are just the perfect size!