Sunday 11 January 2009

Birthday weekend - when knitting is dangerous

We have two birthdays this weekend - it's Skein King's tomorrow (I can hardly believe it's a whole year since we celebrated his 40th at Center Parcs) and Skein Princess's on Monday.

Oh ho! Look what I found. This is her seven years ago. I knitted this sheep suit and I'm sure it had something to do with the severe eczema that plagued her for two years because it was shortly after this, if not the next day, that it developed. Cute, but so not worth it, poor thing! I was under strict instructions NEVER to knit anything similar for my sister if she ever had a baby.

Those early days went by so fast and in a blur. I do remember that it was shortly after Will Young won Pop Idol and did a cover version of Evergreen which I used to sing to her:

Cos your the one good reason
You're the only girl that I need
Cos your more beautiful than I have ever seen

Och, I'm going all sentimental!

Anyhoo, I expect you'll be wanting the yarn info. I have lots and lots of squidgy hand-dyed yarn ready for the shop. However, due to ongoing birthday celebrations, I think the shop update will be Tuesday. I'll narrow it down to a specific time nearer the time by posting back on here whenever I'm stuffed with birthday cake and can't wrap one more present...

No comments: