Friday 16 January 2009

Unravel at Farnham Maltings

Today, me and alabamawhirly went down to Farnham Maltings to meet the Creative Communities Co-ordinator (great job title) to talk about the Unravel show on February 21st. We had a drink and a chat, whirly talked through all her creative ideas, I showed my yarn, we saw the spaces we could choose from and the outcome is that I'm taking a stall and whirly and the outcasts are putting on this exhibition which I can't say too much about yet and maybe helping out with knitting demonstrations around my stall. (Can you tell I'm a little excited about it - I didn't even stop for a breath there.) There'll be some of your favourite exhibitors going and a few new ones you may not have heard of, lots of spinning and a knitting surgery. Maybe see some of you there.

Teal

Plum

Ruby

I had a massive delivery this week (oo er missus!) and I've restocked some of the Cashmere Soft colours which had sold out.

It's been a hectic week, and I'd like to thank everyone in the Skein Queenery group on Ravelry for giving me their opinions on the Dye to Order idea. More on that another time.

And a teeny tiny bit of progress on the Zig and Zag pram blanket.

You remember Nick, our friend and the builder who converted the garage into the SQuirkshop? He'd been asking me to knit him a hat for ages and after one false start (knitting one that turned out too small), this is my second attempt using a pattern by Stephanie Nicole. I added an extra inch onto the recommended size and switched to bigger needles after 12 rows.

I haven't cornered him with the camera yet so I'm afraid you've got my mug to look at modelling it and I look truly mad in this photo as I attempted to photograph myself in the mirror.

I dyed up some new BFL Aran in the colour of Nick's choice - oatmeal - and incorporated a band of Malabrigo in Lettuce which I got from First4yarns at Wonderwool.

We're off to Bristol over the weekend for a night in a hotel as part of Skein King's birthday present. So why did I choose Bristol? Apart from having lived there in a former life as a trainee accountant (ha!), well... Get Knitted's there, isn't it. Ulterior motive? Moi?

Oh, and I nearly forgot to say, Blush got a very nice review in Yarn Forward this month. Made me.... blush.

No comments: