Tuesday 17 July 2007

Breathing space

Just about recovered from wild weekend - should not be happening at my age.

My lovely Moo cards arrived today - 100 of them. Now I can feel like a proper crafty businessy-type person. Photos to follow in next post.

One of the one-skein socks is coming on - nearly finished. Though it will be a bit miraculous if I can squeeze another one out of the one skein - we shall see.

Got some dyeing time after work today. The lambswool/angora/cashmere is absolutely gorgeous to work with. Can't wait to show off the results. Must dry first.

Overdyed some 2 ply laceweight merino which I'd dyed green last week but I wasn't happy with the result, so added some deep turquoise and blue. The result is much better - nice vivid colours.

Best of all, my customer in Prague loved her Bohemian Blue yarn. She's going to send me a photo of the shawl she's crocheting with it when she's finished. Can't wait to see it.

Ordered some lovely yarn from Yarn Yard - could no longer resist - Natalie does some gorgeous stuff and her blog's addictive. Check out the link on the bottom right-hand side.

Jotted down a pattern tonight for a cotton knitted heart decoration adorned with mini hearts. Got one half knitted up, just have to complete the other side.

Finally, here's a classic from the Skein Prince:

Picked him and his friend up from wall-climbing. His friend said "I see you had the roof of the car down on the way here" I said I hadn't. My son said "Oh, just a bad hair day then?" They are NINE-years-old and have the cheek of nineteen-year-olds!

No comments: