Friday 6 February 2009

Stash enhancement

I've been doing a little fibre and yarn acquisition of my own lately:

This BFL roving is from the lovely Juliet at Artist's Palette Yarns. She has some yummy stuff in her shop and I love her colours. This is for when my spinning wheel finally arrives. Who knew it took so long to send out a wheel? This is for when I master it and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

And this little beauty is from Shunklies on Etsy. It was only after I'd ordered them both that I realised I'd been attracted to such similar colours. Can't wait to get started now.

And these little Socks that Rock skeins arrived from Blue Moon Fibers and were part of my Christmas present from Skein King (how good is he?)

Lemongrass in lightweight
Grimm's Willow-Wren and Storey Time in Silkie

I love using Skein Queen yarn (of course!) but it's an extra special treat to get a parcel of yarn actually arriving instead of departing.

2 comments:

gilraen said...

Excellant choices!!! And a good substitute but not equal to the Queen's yarns ;) :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely yarns! I'm still a Socks that Rock virgin. Someday!

We've been watching the news about your snowy weather. What fun!